Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2-3 week inspection & PSU temp comparison
The last test I'll conduct in this series is one to try to confirm real world benefit, if any, of the uber expensive thermal transfer pads. Plan is to seal the 200 back up to OEM spec by taping over all convection intakes/outlets that were added during the chrome-to-anodizing conversion. That when coupled with the current PSU convection provision blocked off and running full OEM thermal transfer pads for yesterday's testing "should" provide a reasonably direct comparison between an OEM D200 with factory thermal transfer pads and a D200 with the high-end German thermal transfer pads without benefit of convection cooling. As close to apples-to-apples as is possible today. Only difference worth mentioning is the added benefit of radiation cooling provided by the black anodized Devialet enclosure vs the multi-plated chrome finish on the OEM.

This ones for you kenreau!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2-3 week inspection & PSU temp comparison - by Manoet - 16-Oct-2015, 16:23