Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker cable advice for Devialet 120 + PMC Twenty.23...
Hi Stuart... I'm not familiar with your speakers so looked them up online... I'm quoting here from the first review I read which was overall quite positive:

"The top end is quite strong, relatively speaking, but only rarely to the point where it becomes in any way intrusive."

"It’s certainly true that the overall character is on the dry and cool side of neutrality and could, perhaps, do with a bit more weight and warmth."

(http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/news/article...;2095/9240)

This might help explain some of the top end brightness/harshness you're hearing as opposed to the inherent characteristics of the cables being auditioned.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Speaker cable advice for Devialet 120 + PMC Twenty.23... - by GuillaumeB - 28-Aug-2014, 09:04