Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best streamer(s) alternatives for Devialet Air
(16-Oct-2015, 18:22)octaviars Wrote:
(16-Oct-2015, 17:19)Womaz Wrote: PhilP has give a pretty comprehensive list above. If you look under the streaming section oh here you will find a load of posts to read through.

I have had my 200 for 7 months now and I have finally give up on AIR. Its a real shame as I think the SQ is excellent.
I have a demo of the Melco N1A next week after months and months of sitting on the fence. I decided that if I was going to go down a streamer route then i would like to take my NAS out of the playback chain so I narrowed it down on that basis.
The one thing that does concern me is there are very few people state on here that their streaming solutions actually sound better than AIR. I will find out next week.

I am looking forward to your test, the Melco is on my list. The main thing is the app to control it if the integration of Tidal is ok using Bubble or some other upnp app.

I saw that the founder of Antipodes comented in the Stereophile test of their DX when they talked about the way they solved the Tidal playback from some sort of external streaming called ickstream and it was not so good and the respond was that Antipodes was going to get ROON in a couple of months. I asume they will have the core in the machine and the app on a tablet or phone.

I have been recommended to use the Lumin app. I do not use Tidal so i am not sure how it will work with that. My main hope is it is better than AIR. Even on a par would do. I wish I understood these things as I have no idea how it can improve the SQ, but apparently it does.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best streamer(s) alternatives for Devialet Air - by Womaz - 16-Oct-2015, 19:06