Poll: What should Devialet prioritise next?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dialog compatibility with Expert range
7.08%
8 7.08%
Robust fix for AIR
29.20%
33 29.20%
A fully functioning remote APP
19.47%
22 19.47%
Roon integration
9.73%
11 9.73%
UPnP compatibility
9.73%
11 9.73%
Direct playback from USB
5.31%
6 5.31%
Room correction
18.58%
21 18.58%
Something else - as posted
0.88%
1 0.88%
Total 113 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should Devialet prioritise next?
(20-Oct-2015, 08:43)Vivialet Wrote: AIR is working good enough for me to hear that USB is sounding better (since 8.x). So I'm not using AIR anymore and it is not so important to me if it is working or not. If they fix the white noise they should also try to improve SQ so that it is on the same level as USB.

An interesting statement!  I think it is fair to say that the general consensus has been that with an "ordinary" non-audio PC / Laptop / Mac, AIR sounds better than USB.  However, if moving to say a fully "audio optimised" PC, or a dedicated streamer such as an Aurender, then yes, USB can be superior to AIR for sound quality.

I am sure that this must still hold true?  Having said that, it's still an interesting statement that USD SQ has improved with the 8.x.x firmware.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Oddly enough, I think 8.x.x sounds better anyway, so you could say 8.x.x sounds better with AIR as well, although this is a very different thing to stating that the USB input itself has improved over other input methods.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should Devialet prioritise next? - by Confused - 21-Oct-2015, 13:04