Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound differences between Devialet 200 and Devialet 250
Hello guys,

This is my first post here, so I first like to say hello to all of you and also I want to present my current set up briefly and will assign you with some questions about your opinions about the sonic differences between the D200 and the D250 because I have planned to make some changes in my current set up.

Current set up consists of a Pass Labs Int.150 integrated amp. in combination with Kharma 3.2 CE speakers. The digital part of my set up contains a Moon 180 MiND renderer with Teddy Pardo 12/2 power supply combined with the Bryston BDA-1 dac.
Although I am still happy with the good sonic performance of above mentioned set up I have planned to purchase a Devialet 200 or 250.
Reason for this is that I had a Devialet 200 from my dealer on audition here and it sounded great and impressive to me.
The match with my Kharma 3.2 CE,s was so good that my first thoughts were: ''this is a match made in heaven'' !
Compared with the Pass Labs the bass of the D200 was absolutely thighter and faster, spaciousness was bigger, and voices were projected more up front.
The Pass Labs was better on the following aspects: separation of voices and instruments and more depth in the soundstage.
Overall impressions of the combination D200 and Kharma were so good that I have decided to sell my 14 months old Pass Labs Int.150 now.
But the my prevailing question is: how much better is the D250 to the D200 if we're  speaking in terms of spaciousness, depth and detail in the soundstage ??
I spoke with two Devialet dealers and they said that the differences between the D200 and D250 are significant... so I like to hear some opinions of users which have listened both.

Thanks in advance !
Amp: Devialet 200 // Renderer: Streacom FC-5 Alpha based audio pc with HDPlex 100W LPS - HDPlex 250W ATX UPS - PPA PCIe USB V2 - Roon Labs core - JPlay - Fidelizer Audio Pro  // Speakers: Kharma 3.2 CE black label upgrade // Active sub: Eton Hexacone 10 '' with Hypex DS 4.0 // Cables: Siltech Explorer 180 L - Acoustic Revive Powermax 10000 + IeGo 8055 - Furutech FP-3TS20 + IeGo 8055 - Acoustic Revive USB 1.OPLS - Belden cat.7 1885 ENH + Telegartner MFP8

Messages In This Thread
Sound differences between Devialet 200 and Devialet 250 - by JeanF - 18-Oct-2015, 14:32