Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't expect customer service from Devialet
... they just want you're money.

It's a shame - I requested a refund of my 2 x silver phantom and dialog based on the fact that there were existing problems with my system and then the 1.3 and 1.4 firmware updates had completely broken the stereo playback ability of my phantom system.

1. I have to leave my devialet kit on 24/7 or it would lose it's settings and I would have to run the spark set up every time - I've had this since day one
2. The optical input on the dialog keeps swapping left and right channels round every now and again.  Swapping input or turning it off and on fixes it temporarily but then it does it again.  This was introduced in 1.3
3. On all inputs including streaming from spark PC, the speakers go temporarily out of phase/sync for a 3 second period, every 10 minutes or so.  This was introduced in 1.4 and is really ***ing me the  f** off the most.

So based on the above, a stereo pair of phantoms are literally not fit for the purpose of portraying a stereo image from any input.  I.e it's broken/faulty whatever you want to call it.

Devialet way of dealing with the above (once they'd exhausted the normal troubleshooting procedures was, and I quote. "European law says that for every order made on internet, you have 14 retraction days. Since you made your 2 orders in MONTH and your refund request in MONTH, we can not refund you."

Feels great to pay all this money to be a software tester.  Usually software testers get the equipment for free, and get paid for testing.

I won't be buying anything else Devialet ever again, I'll probably be going back to PMC at some point as they look after you like their life depended on it, and anyone who asks me will be getting the reasons why.   I guess that'll teach me for buying French kit.

I've thought of the ideal slogan for this company..  "We've got your money, now f**k off"

Messages In This Thread
Don't expect customer service from Devialet - by Butuz - 21-Oct-2015, 22:31