Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog stereo operation question incl bluetooth, optical in, connection to router....
I've looked at online video tutorial and their manual.  Still have some questions -perhaps I missed something. 

1. It looks like, from the videos, that once Dialog is setup for a pair of Phantoms, that one can then drive the pair in stereo using bluetooth? (Yes, along with the loss of audio quality.)   Anyone have a sense of how much drop in the audio quality?  

2. Does the dialog have to connect to the wifi router using a physical ethernet cable only?  Doesn't have wireless connection? 

3. I see that the dialog has optical input.  Can't one simply take an optical out from one's computer and connect to the dialog and then use the pair of phantoms to stream whatever audio is coming out of the computer and not be limited by streaming only preapproved providers such as Tidal or Spotify?   Does this mean that the computer has to be in the same room as the dialog and wifi-router.  (Which it usually isn't.)

4. Presumably the Phantoms connect directly to the wifi-router and then the wifi-router to the Dialog?  So if wifi is strong throughout the house, dialog will connect properly with the Phantoms via the router? 

Thanks in advance for any help with these basic questions...

Thanks!
MtnGuy

ps: For good measure - I thought that the only parts that move externally is the subwoofer. However, there's also another ring around the tweeter - is that the mids and does that move also?

Messages In This Thread
Dialog stereo operation question incl bluetooth, optical in, connection to router.... - by MountainGuy - 22-Oct-2015, 17:01