Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turntable and Devialet Question
Many thanks for the responses guys.

UPDATE: Ok here is Devialock Holmes triying to resolve the mistery Big Grin

So it definitively seems that one of the channels of the Aria Preamp is toasted.

I have conected the analog output of an old Krell CD/DVD player directly to the analog line in of the Devialet using the same suspiciously broken cable, and I got both channels sounding now.

So that should discard the cable and the Dev as the items that are causing the problem here.

That only left the Aria preamp as our only suspect here ...

Note: the RP10 connected directly to the Phono input of the dev works perfect (and delicious btw)

So this is still giving me the creeps Confused ... any iddeas guys?

Further tests:

Swaping connectors only in the DEVIALET LINE INPUT: In normal position I got the Right channel sounding, In inverted position I got the Left channel sounding.

Swaping connectors only in the PREAMP LINE OUTPUT: In normal position I got the Right Channel sounding, in inverted position I got the Left Channel sounding.

Swaping connector BOTH in the DEVIALET AND THE PREAMP: In normal position I got the Right Channel sounding, in inverted position I STILL got the right channel sounding.

FINAL DIAGNOSIS: Left channel of the Rega Aria Preamp is Toasted. This was really a mind breaking puzzle, but I think that I finally could solve it (I hope) Blush

Note: by "normal" position I mean using the red connector for the Right channel and white for the Left, by "inverted" I mean swapping the connectors.

BTW: Here are some pics of the equipment:

[Image: Rp10a_zps958a3fb5.jpg]

[Image: Rp10b_zpscd2057c0.jpg]

[Image: Rp10c_zpsfb55a30a.jpg]

[Image: Rp10d_zpsf2da121e.jpg]

[Image: Rp10e_zpsb9c4f5c3.jpg]

Hope you like it guys Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Turntable and Devialet Question - by Krorghar - 08-Aug-2014, 22:51
RE: Turntable and Devialet Question - by Eddye - 09-Aug-2014, 06:14
RE: Turntable and Devialet Question - by Eddye - 09-Aug-2014, 09:50
RE: Turntable and Devialet Question - by f1eng - 09-Aug-2014, 13:14