Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally my patience has run out
I have an ethernet over house wiring connection between my internet router and my listening room. The socket in its plug has a filter to remove the ethernet signal from the mains items plugged into it.
Not realising the extent to which the Dialog relies on the same technology to link to the Phantoms I had my Dialog and one Phantom plugged into this filtered output.
I had loads of connection, stuttering and loss of one Phantom problems, even after the firmware and Spark had been updated. On the advice of Devialet's help line I tried connecting Airport, Dialogs and Phantoms using Ethernet to a Netgear hub which I had.
Everything worked perfectly then.
I then bought an extension lead such that the Phantom and Dialog no longer connected to the filtered socket in my house and then I did not need the wired ethernet connections any more, it still works perfectly.
I recently bought a third Phantom and this one has bluetooth, it seems that the iPhone app for controlling volume has loads of lag and the once I tried it I had a sudden high volume because of this. I have not used it since and have gone back to Spark.

I switch everything off over night. On days when I expect to use Phantoms I plug them in in  plenty of time. I plug in the Phantoms first then the Dialog. I don't know if it was the earlier firmware or having unfiltered mains connections to the equipment but all the problems I used to have of needing to reset and reconfigure went away when I used unfiltered mains sockets.
My first Phantoms were amongst the first sold and the new one came this week and both work the same FWIW.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
Finally my patience has run out - by eibet - 06-Nov-2015, 14:56
RE: Finally my patience has run out - by eibet - 06-Nov-2015, 15:46
RE: Finally my patience has run out - by f1eng - 06-Nov-2015, 17:30
RE: Finally my patience has run out - by msg - 06-Nov-2015, 19:15
RE: Finally my patience has run out - by eibet - 06-Nov-2015, 20:05
RE: Finally my patience has run out - by msg - 11-Nov-2015, 18:02
Finally my patience has run out - by Adams - 06-Nov-2015, 23:18
RE: Finally my patience has run out - by eibet - 10-Nov-2015, 17:50
RE: Finally my patience has run out - by hydr - 12-Nov-2015, 14:55