Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bulletproof Dialogue and Phantom configuration scenarios
My setup is something in-between the one of ondastar and Johnnydev. Before I received my 3rd Phantom (one with BT) I had a very stable setup very similar to the one of Johnnydev. My wireless router is a different, older model (Linksys E3000). As difference I connected a Mac-Mini by Ethernet to the router for serving local files. Since I have 3 Phantoms I have some problems with drop-outs from time to time when the 3rd Phantom is connected further away from Dialog and not plugged to the same power branch than the other Phantoms. I configure the 3rd Phantom as mix but in another room. This gives the flexibility to run with Spark either all 3 Phantoms or only two in the Rooms tab. Regarding placement I did not like to have the 3rd Phantom placed between the L and R one. This reduced the great soundstage of the Phantoms to a mediocre stereo with little 'out of phase' positioning of instruments. But placing the 3rd Phantom in the back of the main listening area really expands space and increases a 3D experience. Looking forward to new modes of Spark making use of multiple Phantoms, hopefully.
So IMO 2 Phantoms can be used wirelessly. More than two need special conditions like ethernet wired connections or a good PLC network.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bulletproof Dialogue and Phantom configuration scenarios - by streamy - 13-Nov-2015, 18:42