Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bulletproof Dialogue and Phantom configuration scenarios
(18-Nov-2015, 04:44)ondastar Wrote:
(13-Nov-2015, 23:14)Johnnydev Wrote:
(13-Nov-2015, 22:38)ondastar Wrote: I started with 2 Silver Phantoms in a typical L&R stereo configuration and did a lot of placement variation and frequency analysis to achieve the best (to my ears) acoustic experience using a variety of my favorite recordings... Sonically, the digital source material whether CD or streamed is highly variable based on the SQ chain of the studio, artist, engineer, production format and delivery bitstream integrity. 

My music room dimensions are based on Golden Ratio Trapagon engineering (see George Cardas excellent website for details) and has high cubic volume with lots of breathing room for the full power of the Phantoms, so I ordered the 3rd Silver Phantom and then went through another cycle of placement variation and measurements. 

Using the 3rd Phantom as a "mix" in my current configuration creates the effect of 3 dimensionality and airiness that is breathtaking, and with the most exquisite delicacy in clarity of voices and instruments in space.... all from a 3 speaker system. 

My principle audio gear is Wilson/Levinson and in it's 2.1 or 7.1 configuration (for stereo) it is only minimally better than my Phantom 2.1 configuration ... at a cost 20 times the Devialet set up.

Your mileage may vary, but you have lot's to work with in a 2.1 Phantom configuration in placement variation and listening analysis to get yourself a superior musical experience.

Thank you, Thats very interesting  Rolleyes Wink
Hi J.... Couldn't wait... Did you get a 3rd, and if so  how is it doing?

Not yet, i still have a little doubt

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bulletproof Dialogue and Phantom configuration scenarios - by Johnnydev - 18-Nov-2015, 09:57