Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question of transparency - Help or Harm?
(06-Dec-2015, 15:23)Antoine Wrote: We're not talking about 50€ bluetooth speakers here but devices costing up to €23.000 and even more for the D900 or whatever it's called...I'd say people have -every- right to complain when things don't work as promised, especially when the company that made those promises fails to a. fix these issues in a timely matter, b. communicates poorly about the progress made in solving these issues and c. doesn't compensate those that suffer from these often not so minor issues.

(I just hope people not only complain here but write/call Devialet as well and keep doing that.)

Amen. For the money we 're spending I'd expect gold standard aftersales.

The Apple comparison is interesting because even Apple have software issues that they're very tardy to fix. There are bugs which people have been clamouring to be fixed in their products for many years. Google are even worse and have a reputation for writing clever software which is never quite finished, and they never throw enough resources at support once the product is launched (they often call it 'beta' just to cover their backs!). So even the big players are not perfect in that respect, but then unlike Devialet their products are usually pretty usable and without critical flaws making them unusable (except perhaps Apple and the OpenSSL issues up to last year that they were slow to fix). However Devialet have only a tiny set of software products in comparison and it's not too much to ask them to get the most critical one with problems (AIR) to work is it?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question of transparency - Help or Harm? - by Rufus McDufus - 06-Dec-2015, 17:40