Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question of transparency - Help or Harm?
Some great posts guys! I have to say I actually agree with everyone in different ways.  Angel

The more I think about it the more I come to the conclusion that Devialet need a spokesperson to communicate regularly with owners (as well as partners and potential customers).

Regarding the lack of beta testing feedback surely this one is an easy one to address? It just needs someone to act as an interface between testers and engineers? Some kind of beta testing club could be established with regular updates to club members issued via email bulletin (or other mechanism). There could even be an annual meeting arranged in Paris which could not only act as a forum but also help express Devialet's gratitude for all the hard work put in by the beta testers. Some nice relationships between Devialet and users could be established. (The only issue here might be if Devialet are not actually working on AIR anymore in which case there'd be nothing to report. In this case too much transparency might be a problem!)

In any case this hypothetical CMO/Hd of comms would spend time analysing all the communication bottlenecks and stress areas. Then it would be his or her job to agree with management a comms strategy which would then be implemented across multiple channels. Unless this person has the full backing of the Devialet management team this strategic initiative simply won't work.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question of transparency - Help or Harm? - by GuillaumeB - 06-Dec-2015, 17:57