Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The impossibility of sound quality difference whatever the medium
(05-Dec-2015, 08:03)Davyboy Wrote: Yes, I can't understand how one optical cable would be any different to another. Unlike analogue cables where external forces could influence the electrical flow, the 0's & 1's are surely impervious to external forces ie what comes out is exactly what went in.
I've no doubt that some notice a difference, why, I don't know. Maybe it's the way those 0's & 1's progress through ie jitter/timing but that could be due to the front end be it computer or CD/DVD player.

It can't be jitter, because with digital it basically doesn't exist. Certainly not in a way that can be discerned by human hearing. It amuses me that those who prefer vinyl to digital get hung up about jitter, when it's absolutely huge and most definitely discernable there. Wow, flutter etc; even with the best equipment and pressings.

And it can't be the computer/CD or whatever either. It's the same bits whatever the source!

I could also argue with you about analogue cables, but life is too short!

But thanks for your reply, really!

Pete

Messages In This Thread
RE: The impossibility of sound quality difference whatever the medium - by Gremlin - 05-Dec-2015, 08:28