Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Devialet Expert Remote uncomfortable
(05-Dec-2015, 19:34)Damon Wrote:  In multiple other threads about the remote, someone posted that Devialet did say that to have a lit display on the remote would result in batteries lasting two weeks (plus or minus) rather than two years.

I find that hard to believe. Many cameras (I have 2) have 3" LCD displays that turn on only briefly when needed. One or two pairs of AA-sized NiMH batteries do lots of work in those cameras.  They move the lens in and out every time I turn the camera on/off or focus. I am not talking about pocket cameras. I mean auto-focus cameras that look like small SLRs so the lenses are fairly large. The batteries also provide power for the flash, etc..

The display on a Devialet remote could be much smaller than on cameras.  The display on the Devialet units themselves are not that large and they can be easily seen from a much farther distance than a remote is used at. I think a 1" display would be more than adequate. And it would not have to be as bright or detailed as a camera screen.

And as for price----the remote provided is not a plastic cheapy. I bet a plastic remote with a display could be provided as an option when purchasing for a similar price.  Get one or the other. For my money I would prefer they provide one with a display as standard and someone can order an aluminum remote separately if they want.  I would gladly trade the aluminum remote for a cheap plastic one if it had a display.  I don't like the aluminum remote because I have to hold it in my hand and manipulate while standing next to and above the Devialet. I am always afraid I will drop the remote on the Devialet or my stocking feet. But that is just me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using Devialet Expert Remote uncomfortable - by bentrider - 05-Dec-2015, 23:52