Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop me from making a mistake...
I currently own and love my Devialet 200 integrated amp.  It looks and sounds great and takes up very little space but can provide some real power when required.

Back in late 80's, when I moved out of my parent's place, I started shopping around for my first real serious audio system.  I had auditioned some McIntosh gear (tube & integrated) and was really impressed with the system but at that time, I couldn't afford it.

Fast forward to 2015, after several upgrades & trades, I've ended up with the Devialet 200 integrated amp (see my signature block below).  About 2 weeks ago, I visited a local dealer (dealer who sold me my ProAc speakers) and noticed that he now carries McIntosh.  Never having forgotten my first experience back in the days, I decided to audition a McIntosh system.  The system consisted of the McIntosh MAC6700 stereo receiver (200W/ch integrated which includes: MC/MM phone stage, DAC and tuner) and I must say, I was really impressed and all those feelings from my first audition came back.  It's been 2 weeks and I can't seem to get the system out of my mind.

McIntosh MAC6700 => http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/us/Products/...Id=MAC6700

I realize that the unit is big & bulky (compared to the Devialet) but it's still an all-in-one box and I couldn't find anything wrong with the unit.  I auditioned it with a McIntosh MCD550 CD player and a pair of ProAc Response D30R speakers (same model I own) plus I also auditioned it with a pair of Sonus Faber Olympica II speakers.  

In your honest opinion, what would I be missing or giving up if I were to trade-in my Devialet 200 for the McIntosh MAC6700 (besides space on my audio rack)?

I need help, please...   Confused

Messages In This Thread
Stop me from making a mistake... - by samurai7595 - 14-Dec-2015, 13:41
Stop me from making a mistake... - by sleach - 14-Dec-2015, 13:48
RE: Stop me from making a mistake... - by Pim - 14-Dec-2015, 15:21
RE: Stop me from making a mistake... - by G51 - 14-Dec-2015, 17:43
Stop me from making a mistake... - by NickB - 27-Dec-2015, 09:50
RE: Stop me from making a mistake... - by Pim - 27-Dec-2015, 11:36
RE: Stop me from making a mistake... - by Pim - 28-Dec-2015, 09:37