Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre Amp Output On/Off Switch
Apparently this year I've managed to avoid Santa's naughty list, so he's decided to reward me with a shinny new headphone amp Big Grin

So while upgrading to FW 9.0.1 I went ahead and configured the Pre Amp output on each of the D200's. Left channel for the master and Right channel for the companion both set to fixed line which will run into the Auralic Taurus Mk2

My question is: is there any detriment to the Devialet or sound quality if I don't switch the Pre Amp output off while not in use?
As I understand it the ADH is used for the speaker amplification and a different DAC maybe engaged for the line out duties?

If this is the case then I would imagine my best option is to have the line out off and only turn it on when it is required. This creates a problem: I can allocate a button to toggle the line out on and off by sacrificing the balance button or toggle on and off in the menu which wouldn't be a problem but it always defaults to on when the Devialet is turned on, so i would have to do this every time 

Is anyone familiar enough with the config file to set it off as default?

sorry about all the question, thanks in advance
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England

Messages In This Thread
Pre Amp Output On/Off Switch - by tyefighter - 24-Dec-2015, 05:28
RE: Pre Amp Output On/Off Switch - by thumb5 - 24-Dec-2015, 08:18
RE: Pre Amp Output On/Off Switch - by Pim - 24-Dec-2015, 09:48
RE: Pre Amp Output On/Off Switch - by Axel - 25-Dec-2015, 01:58