Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subwoofer query
Hi - is anyone here using a Expert with a subwoofer AND a AV receiver? I'm after some connection advice as to whether my preferred connection method will work, or if there's a better way of doing this. 

I'm about to buy a JL Audio e110 or f112 subwoofer (doesn't have many inputs) & was planning to connect in this way:

1) when playing music, Devialet sums the L & R channels to a single subwoofer output which connects to a line in on the subwoofer

2) when using the home cinema receiver, I use the bypass facility in the Devialet. For this input I don't wish any subwoofer output from the Devialet but instead want the receiver to send LFE to the other input on the sub.

I am trying to connect two different sources of bass into a single subwoofer - one from my Devialet and one from my receiver. 

Just wondered if anyone here does something similar or has a better idea for how to connect Devialet + receiver + sub?

Thanks in advance!
Devialet D400, Magico S3, Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus, Aurender N100H, PS Audio Premier, QNAP NAS

Messages In This Thread
Subwoofer query - by Unclemonty - 29-Dec-2015, 15:01
RE: Subwoofer query - by Davyboy - 30-Dec-2015, 08:37
RE: Subwoofer query - by Unclemonty - 30-Dec-2015, 12:42
RE: Subwoofer query - by f1eng - 30-Dec-2015, 12:53
RE: Subwoofer query - by Antoine - 30-Dec-2015, 20:23
RE: Subwoofer query - by Peter van der Laarse - 02-Jan-2016, 02:17