Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signal quality of Mono Sub output
Yes, I fully agree with you both that not all -qualitative- changes/improvements can be seen on/read from a graph or even measured in this way. But after reading what you wrote I didn't give it much thought and assumed it to be a -quantitative- change/difference. Again reading now about a difference of 3mm vs. 2cm of movement of the cone(s) should give you an easy to measure difference in SPL (that is at least what my own logic tells me. Smile) Phase measures identically too BTW. I watched my sub's cone move and didn't see noticable differences there as well and REW uses a linear sweep so this is easy to follow. All seemed normal, with the largest cone excursions at the lowest frequencies (remember the sweeps started at "0 Hz")

But no, I didn't listen to compare, in between changing the pre-out settings and actually (more or less coincidentally) ended with the mono pre-out config active and so listened to some music in a way it was before. I did however save both configs so I can easily switch between them. I will listen tomorrow. Could you guys maybe give me an (or some) example(s) of music that shows the issue easily (so that has this low frequency content)?

When did you guys last (re)generate a new config? If it's been recent all is OK, if it's been a while back maybe things have changed in the mean time. Maybe you guys could regenerate a config (clear your browser cache fist please) and compare the new config with the "old" using a website like: https://www.diffchecker.com/ At least the generated on date+time lines should have changed.

If I don't hear any differences I guess I'll have to fabricate a long enough stereo interlink or buy a cheap one to bypass the Anti-Mode. I'm not sure if only connecting both L+R from the Devialet to the Anti-Mode is enough. How do I know the Anti-Mode does anything with L+R in effect converts it to mono? I really don't know and the manual doesn't tell me anything about it. Maybe it just passes the L channel. I don't even know if that is a problem as I thought low frequency content was always mixed in mono (so equally loud in L and R and in phase).
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Signal quality of Mono Sub output - by Antoine - 26-Aug-2014, 22:38