Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the criteria of SAM implementation
(17-Dec-2014, 11:35)Mikeeo Wrote:
(27-Aug-2014, 10:00)vanber Wrote: How does Devialet really choose the speakers for SAM?

They write on their website that if a speaker has at least 100 votes, they'll develop the SAM profile. But, looking at the order of the list, there are speakers with only very few votes, which are already SAM ready.

And does it make sense to program SAM for a speaker, which costs only about € 800.-? If I had a 800.- speaker I wouldn't spend 5'000.- for an amp.

Are there other criteria from Devialet...?

Hi and welcome!

Well, my current loudspeakers Monitor Audio PL100 had like 3-5 votes and after I contacted Devialet, a few weeks later it was SAM:ed!!! Anyway both me, my dealer and wife can't hear any difference except some added bass. so in whole it was a disappointment. Be pushy in a kind way and I am pretty sure Dev will consider your speakers before other even if having few votes. I just told Dev that I realized with those few votes my speakers had would never see them SAM:ed.

Anyway I am changing speakers and have put in an order for Raidho X1, which had a welcome quality hike with SAM.

Good luck and don't give up/Mike

Give it some time! I was finding pleasant supprises with SAM many months after first trying it. The realy good effects are perhaps more subtle that you might at first think!

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are the criteria of SAM implementation - by Confused - 17-Dec-2014, 23:27