Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good timing for buying a D200 today?
Hi guys,

I am following this forum since October, as I first met Devialet products back then and was impressed by the sound they produce.

My current Monitor Audio RX8 speakers, however, are not supported by SAM, which is why I was hesitant to buy a D120.

Over christmas, I read a lot of positive feedback about the Focal Sopra No. 2 and I had the chance to listening to a Focal Sopra 2 coupled with a D200 and I was amazed buy the sound quality both created. It was a perceived huge jump from auditioning a Focal Electra 1028 BE with D120 in terms of openness, clarity and detail. I totally fell in love.

And now, I am about to upgrade to Sopra No 2 and D200. 

I feel good about the Focal Sopra 2 as they look stunning, just came out and are basically fully "future proof".

However, I am not sure whether buying a D200 today is a good investment, given that it has been on the market for a couple of years now. It would be a big disappointment for me to buy a D200 today and to read news in Feb or latest in May on the High End in Munich that an upgraded D200 will be released.

Do you guys share my concern or am I just worrying too much?

Regards
Kian

Messages In This Thread
Good timing for buying a D200 today? - by k1282 - 23-Jan-2016, 17:41