Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server
(22-Dec-2014, 12:09)Audiobenpdx Wrote: I am about to order a cubox I pro, and was wondering if I should get the version loaded w/Android or OpenElec, to use with squeezebox software, or does it matter?

Do you have a Link or reference for the process of Programing/installing software to make the cube-I work as a media server?

Thanks!
Ben

I don't think it really matters which distro you get to be honest because neither are going to be useful for audio purposes. I'd probably tend towards OpenELEC purely as it's a more useful version of Linux to have (IMHO).
You'll probably want to get one or two spare microSD cards to write images to. They don't have to be big - 8MB is really enough for virtually anything. Speed is probably more important but I'm finding it perfectly acceptable with 30MB/s cards (you just reminded me, I have a 48MB/s I should try).
I've found it a little picky with UHS-1 cards (which is most of the modern ones I think) and can have problems booting off the cards. There's also complications with the video drivers on some images you can download, and I can't run the Ignition installer image as it won't play ball with my monitor (grr).
The interesting OS images so far seem to be Voyage Mubox and Volumio. The latter is brilliant - sounds better than Mubox to me and really easy to use - you can do virtually anything from the web interface.
The solid-run forum is a good place to start:
http://www.solid-run.com/community/

Messages In This Thread
CuBox - by Kunter - 31-Aug-2014, 13:49
RE: Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server - by Rufus McDufus - 22-Dec-2014, 12:25