Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to set up a quality 3.1 home cinema solution?
A query on how to maximize my D250 in home cinema setup. Currently I have good results in 2.0 mode thru my Panasonic plasma TV optical out, streaming Netflix directly into my D250 optical in (the new ICM mode is quite helpful). However this set up falls short of the best home cinema I have heard... I don't miss the 2 back surround channels, however I do find the clarity of voices and overall balance to be subpar.  
Any suggestions to improve the Devialet SQ in 2.0 home cinema?
> Has anyone experience with 3.1 solutions based on the D250? Particularly keen to understand how to integrate a central channel into my setup for improved HC experience 

Thanks!

Main system (listening room 5x7m): Oppo bdp93, Panasonic Plasma Viera 60", Auralic Aries, PTT Lenco L75 with Schiick arm and Lyra Delos, Devialet 250, Lawrence audio double bass speakers, Sablon cables, Franck audio resonators / Schuman wave. Qobuz HD and Netflix/DVD's.   
Other rooms: 2 silver phantom + dialog; Toshiba sd900e + Denon AVR4500, Sonus Faber Home central + SW + 2 wall speakers; April audio Viva v2 + Boenicke W5SE; Sonos 1/3/5's.

Messages In This Thread
How to set up a quality 3.1 home cinema solution? - by GTX - 24-Jan-2016, 12:05