Poll: Do you own/use a turntable with your Devialet?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I own & frequently use my turntable
54.41%
37 54.41%
Yes, I own but rarely use my turntable
26.47%
18 26.47%
Yes, I own but no longer use my turntable
1.47%
1 1.47%
No, I don't own a turntable but I'm considering getting one
8.82%
6 8.82%
No, I don't own a turntable and I'm not interested in getting one
8.82%
6 8.82%
Total 68 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How many Devialet owners use a Turntable?
I was brought up on vinyl and turntables, cartridges and cleaning fluid and clicks and pops despite my efforts, compressed sound stage and rumble.  I had, at that stage, about 1000 LPs.  I must have been among the first buyers of a CD player - I know I paid a lot of money for it.  But from the very beginning, I preferred CD.  Listening to quiet music passages that seemed to disappear to nothingness was one of my great early experiences.  And to quote the hype of the time - it was as if a veil had been lifted from the music.  Yes some of the early CDs were a bit glarey - but then LPs suffered, and continue to suffer, from a range of sonic problems. 

I kept my turntable and record collection for a long time - only getting rid of them when I moved houses and had to declutter.

I just think it is amazing that all my music now sits on an external hard drive.  All my music is literally at my fingertips and can be played on multiple systems.  And yes I also subscribe to Qobuz.  

Do I want to ever want to go back to clicks and pops and the whole vinyl esoterica - no thankyou!

Messages In This Thread
RE: How many Devialet owners use a Turntable? - by Will - 10-Nov-2016, 05:43