Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the best way to put this together ?
Hi Tommy,

Welcome to this forum and congratulations on the purchase of the great D200! Smile

The block diagram seems to be missing in your post.

As for WiFi vs. ethernet. I think this would depend on the quality of the WiFi signal you can create/have. Although I started with WiFi (before the upgrade of my D-Premier, which didn't have ethernet, to 250) and got it quite stable I myself prefer ethernet nowadays as it is 100% stable networkwise. I live in a town and can easily pickup around 40 WiFi hotspots around me, so you could call the 2.4gHz band to be quite crowded here. Also, I don't like the idea of having the high frequency transmitter active inside my Devialet although this of course is an audiophile neuroticism! Wink Some people think WiFi and ethernet are equal sound quality wise, some think it's better and some don't, best to try it yourself.

If possible I myself would always prefer coax above optical except in those cases where you would want to isolate a certain, possibly electrically noisy device (like a plasma TV) from the Devialet. If one could hear the differences, that is hard to predict. The optical inputs are also limited to 24 bit, 96kHz. Digital coax inputs can handle up to 24/192 and in the future possibly DSD as well.

Direct Airplay functionality is not supported by Devialet. You'd have to use a PC or Mac with some Airplay receiver software like Airserver or Airshare and connect that to the Devialet using either USB or AIR (WiFi or ethernet). I personally use this as well and use USB for this and ethernet AIR+JRiver media server for playback of CD rips.

BR,
Antoine
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the best way to put this together ? - by Antoine - 31-Aug-2014, 12:59