Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woofers don't move at all when music is playing
(06-Feb-2016, 03:26)Saintly Wrote: I live in an apartment complex so I am not at liberty to turn it up too loud.  I've gone to about half volume and still 0 woofer movement.  I can feel them vibrating to the music though when I put my hands on them.

If you can feel them vibrating and they move during setup they are working normally. Visible bass unit movement is only likely during music with bass in the lowest audible octave where the DSP correction for the small enclosure size is working hard.

For normal music I would not expect to see speaker drive units moving. Only a tiny amount of vibration is required to produce quite a lot of sound, which is why an inert cabinet is important in general.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Woofers don't move at all when music is playing - by f1eng - 07-Feb-2016, 10:02