Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Software Updates for Expert Amplifiers
There's been a couple of posts here denouncing Roon, when supposedly, all we need is UPnP/DLNA or Homefront. Here is why Roon denounce those protocols (in short terms):-
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/whats-w...-upnp/2101

UPnP is archaic, I spent many years on Naim Forum arguing this fact in terms of the Naim App (formerly NStream), sadly most software for music playing (and other media as well) is based on this, and embellished, mostly in an unexciting way, by use of local xml and database files to be something else, when really it is simply a library tree. The official answer I got from Naim, on many occasions, was that their software could only do what the UPnP server presented to them. And so it is with any other control software based on UPnP, and on the whole, it's passable, not great.

Ultimately it is about how you browse and listen to music, but Roon has many, many hidden depths already, you have to use it (not just look at it and play with it it for half an hour) to appreciate what is going on. Great thing is there is a whole journey still to be had with Roon with many embellishments chalked for the future. Even so and as of now, it is streets ahead of any other music management software I have come across.

Horses for course, Devialet is fantastic with the hardware (in this respect same as Naim) but sadly lacking in the software department (again, same as Naim).

IMO of course.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next Software Updates for Expert Amplifiers - by AllenB - 14-Feb-2016, 14:58