Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Software Updates for Expert Amplifiers
(24-Feb-2016, 13:04)Mohmm Wrote:
(21-Feb-2016, 22:59)thumb5 Wrote: No offence to anyone who's contributed thus far, but from my point of view this sequence of "AIR works for me" and "AIR doesn't work for me" is not adding much to the thread.

Can we just agree that AIR works for some and not for others, and that when it doesn't, it's not for want of trying or technical expertise?  The corollary to which is that it is not fulfilling its advertised purpose of being a reliable, high-quality streaming protocol for a home audio system.

Thumb5...Why do appeals like yours only come up after positive reports about AIR?... If you don't want to hear about AIR working, just don't read the posts.

By the way, my AIR installation (on OS 10.11.3) with dedicated ethernet also works perfectly, even with DIRAC room correction filters and ROON.

Just a matter of chance. I don't have an axe to grind either way, because (as it happens) AIR is mostly working pretty well for me. As I said, I just find it a bit tedious to have to read a whole series of anecdotal experiences which don't seem to add much new knowledge to the topic.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next Software Updates for Expert Amplifiers - by thumb5 - 24-Feb-2016, 13:09