Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audiophile Optimizer - jPlay - Fidelizer What differences/benefits on each other?
JPlay is, in it's basis primarily a playback engine and nowadays a uPNP/OH streamer as well. It does some system optimizations like increasing the timer resolution of Windows but Audiophile Optimizer does much much more in optimizing the operating system.

Fidelizer also has overlapping functionality with AO but does much less than AO. However it also does some things AO doesn't do, like changing process priorities and process CPU core affinity (it moves all non music essential processes to a single "dirty" CPU core, lowers their priority and dedicates the remaining cores to the music playback related.

All the details can be found on the websites of their developers. IMO all three together create additional synergy. The one I could easiest "live without" would be Fidelizer, BUT I have installed it (the Pro version) after AO so have never been able to see what it does "on it's own". I do think that many people would/do feel the same though.

Windows Server 2012 R2 is expensive and currently required for AO but version 2 of AO supports Windows 10 as well. It's currently in beta. Phil, the author of the AO software, thinks a consumer OS will never outperform the server edition but there have been good reports of it thus far. The really interesting comparison though will be the new Server 2016 when it's released vs. Windows 10, both with AO of course.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Audiophile Optimizer - jPlay - Fidelizer What differences/benefits on each other? - by Antoine - 09-Feb-2016, 18:22