Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark is so awful - I hope Airplay is coming
As seems to be the general consensus here, the speakers themselves are amazing. But the app is crap.
  • The volume control in the Spark app is designed by a mad person. You should be able to move a control its full distance in one smooth movement. This click, drag, release, move, click, drag, release rubbish is insanity.
  • The English text is poorly translated French which is often difficult to understand. The same applies to their website. Some might find this endearing, I find it amateur.
  • I can build one playlist, but I can't save it, or make multiple playlists. The playlist disappears between plays.
  • I can't view more details about a track – I sometimes have many copies of a track, so I can't tell which file type or quality one I'm trying to play.
  • Many tracks say "data not available", or are unplayable and it's not clear why.
  • When I search for tracks, they often don't show up even though I know they're there, or the app defaults back to showing everything even though I've entered a search term.
  • There's no ability to search just by track name, artist name, album name, etc.
  • There is no mechanism to refresh the track list. Some old tracks seem to persist even when I've deleted them.
  • I can't choose to have the music stop when I quit the app.

The whole thing is an unreliable and buggy embarrassment. Really not what I would expect from a company that can make balls that sound so wonderful, or from a company that charges nearly £5000 for a pair of them. Devialet, please outsource this to someone who understands human interface design instead of assuming you know better. Do they even read these forums?

I know Devialet have said they are working on Apple Music support. I hope that includes Airplay support, and I can ditch the app altogether.

Messages In This Thread
Spark is so awful - I hope Airplay is coming - by booshtukka - 10-Feb-2016, 20:26