Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Experts Empirical Knowledge Part 2
(16-Feb-2016, 13:46)f1eng Wrote: I massively enjoyed Apogee Diva loudspeakers for many years, as long as I wasn't playing one of my own recordings... When I did, the fact that it added a lot of my listening room acoustics bothered me, whereas with other peoples recordings the extra apparent stereo was most enjoyable.

So your aural memory isn't that bad, isn't it? At least it maintains the live music for some days in your brain, perhaps even months?

We are in consent that once you heard the live recording you observe the difference when playing the recorded on your audio system quiet easily?!
Then it's the very same thing if you try to refine your system, you know instantly if it was for the better or the worse.

I think, it's the point of view that's important.

When refining a system I don't care how the saxophone originaly sounded when it was recorded in the studio at this special event. I can't know it anyway.
I do only compare the sound of "some" saxophones I heard live and compare the special characteristics they have in common to the sound of the audio system.
Is it closer, the refinement was for the better. Often it's a time-phase-thing, so I can check back that I'm right if the corporeal of the instruments/singer also improved.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Experts Empirical Knowledge Part 2 - by yabaVR - 16-Feb-2016, 17:31