Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are HiFi entusiasts negative to Phantoms ?
(18-Feb-2016, 13:42)sekriT Wrote: a hard core audiophile won't give a damn.   If we cannot directly play our DSD files without downsampling, we have right to sandbag it.  Phantoms are just like Apple products. It's sold to people who don't know much about music and they want a DAC, speaker and SAM technology all in one package, so they don't have to figure out things like PC users.  

Alternatively, it is a good secondary unit for audiophiles.  Say you have a 200 grant system in your basement but you want something similar in your upstairs office or bedroom.  

Ohhh. Maybe my Audiophile category grouping was wrong when you mention $ 200.000 systems Maybe I will change back the topic subject to HiFi Enthusiasts instead of Audiohiles. What I'm talking about is people that have systems i.e for $ 10-20k not $ 200k
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are Audiophiles negative to Phantoms ? - by McChicken - 18-Feb-2016, 13:57