Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Micromega M.One - another potential Devialet's competitor?
(22-Feb-2016, 15:16)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(21-Feb-2016, 08:46)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(21-Feb-2016, 08:32)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I read a brief opinion on it a few months ago - was pretty positive.

Do you think you could find it?

I think it was Mike over at Audioshark... he's also registered on here so I will try and get him to comment.

http://www.audioshark.org/integrated-sys...-9025.html

Guillaume

Hi guys!   Shy

Yes, this is Mike from Audioshark.org   Thank you Guillaume for running such a great forum and inviting me over to chat.

I had a chance to hear the MicroMega M1 at CES 2016.   Since I am a top dealer for this distributor (I sell their other products, including Focal, Naim, Crystal, Siltech and more), I had a private overview/showing/demo of the MicroMega M1.

I heard the MicroMega M1 on Focal Sopra No. 2’s.   I was told to sit and have a listen first.  As I sat there, I had no idea of its functionality, but sonically was very impressed (I own a Devialet 400 on my Focal’s, so I had a good reference point).

To say I was impressed, is an understatement.   As I learned about it’s features and functions and price, I think my jaw literally hit the floor!  I also met with the people running the MicroMega organization (Mr. Schar) and got to hear all about their future plans (watch for their announcements coming at Munich).  

The MicroMega M1 felt very "ballsy" to me.  Meaning, it's 100 watt into 8 ohm rating felt like a REAL 100 watts.  

How does it sound?   Like a VERY GOOD Class AB amp.  Tight bass.  Punchy.  Great PRAT.  Musical.

The product is very well built, the cooling technology is very neat, and I like the colors (you can get your MicroMega to EXACTLY match any Focal speaker color or many other colors).   The packaging is also top notch.   They even seem to have more functionality and features (either now or in the near future) than Devialet.

IMHO - it’s the product suite vs price point that will be one to watch.

Mike
audioshark.org
suncoastaudio.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Micromega M.One - another potential Devialet's competitor? - by MDB - 22-Feb-2016, 15:38