Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bristol Sound and Vision Show 2016
(28-Feb-2016, 11:23)Confused Wrote: So what else was at Bristol? The most striking thing for me this year is the rise of Melco. Last year Melco had the N1A and M1Z on display in a general area, and only on display, not connected to anything, not even powered up. Move on one year, and Melcos were everywhere! Like a strange virus that gives you better hearing, the things were spreading throughout the show. They were in the Devialet Room, the KEF room, the Moon room and many more. I mentioned this to the chap on the Melco stand, who gave me his little leaflet showing that Melco's were indeed being used by various other manufactures in ten other rooms in the show. Quite something when you consider that 12 months ago they were just emerging. There were three reps on the Melco stand when I visited, two of the guys were talking to anyone who was passing, a third guy, who was Japanese appeared to be trying to avoid the public. Was he some Melco guru flown in from Japan I wondered, the man who would know all the Melco secrets? Whilst the other two were busy, I approached the Japanese looking chap, who as it turned out was indeed a native Japanese speaker. I asked the obvious question about Roon. We have no plans for Roon he advised. He then went on to say that Melco were aware that a lot of people were interested in Roon integration with a Melco and that this was something they were looking at, "if we were to do Roon we would want to do it right", he said. I asked him if Roon integration was actually technically possible with a Melco, would the hardware as it stands technically support it? "Yes I think so" was the response. So is Roon coming to Melco anytime soon? Doesn't look like it, but will it come some day? Maybe, but maybe not. Another one of those teasingly frustrating prospects.

Thank you for sharing this. I was really hoping for some good news about Roon integration...

Was there any news about the official Melco app?
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland

Messages In This Thread
Bristol Sound and Vision Show 2016 - by NickB - 21-Feb-2016, 20:56
RE: Bristol Sound and Vision Show 2016 - by petrik - 28-Feb-2016, 14:58