Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bristol Sound and Vision Show 2016
(28-Feb-2016, 16:29)Confused Wrote: Petrik - I am thinking much the same thing as you!  I haven't actually tried Roon yet, but I am planning to try the free trial over the Easter holidays, thus maximising my free time with it.  Depending on how that goes, it will be wait and see what the Melco app is like.  It's lucky I'm a patient man!

(28-Feb-2016, 16:35)Confused Wrote: One other Melco point, I did chat to someone about the Melco N1ZH.  Apparently this is an N1Z, but without the "audio grade" SSD's, which I'm told are VERY expensive.  In the UK the N1Z is £7000, and the N1ZH £3500, fully half price.  Could be the sweet spot in the new range?

That sounds like a very good deal! Smile I definitely would be considering buying one if it would be sure that they will integrate with Roon.

I guess that Melco's own app will be probably quite ok, but it's hard to believe that it could compete with Roon. Well, maybe someday if they are willing to invest a lot off money and time developing it. I just think it would be wise to concentrate doing what they know best. Or as Enno from Roon is saying: do what you know.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland

Messages In This Thread
Bristol Sound and Vision Show 2016 - by NickB - 21-Feb-2016, 20:56
RE: Bristol Sound and Vision Show 2016 - by petrik - 28-Feb-2016, 17:33