Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just bought a d 200 - a few more questions
Will report my findings in two weeks. Will for sure set the max output to 30 watts. During normal listening i will rarely need more than 0,1 watt.

The omega duos are great speakers especially after modding them heavily. Teflon vcaps in tweeter xo, tweeter time aligned with midrange, xo in external box, everything hardwired. Subs removed from the frame and driven directly by d-sonics amps. Last weekend listened to wilson shasha and kharma db 11 s, both driven by megabucks electronic at friends places.

Both sounded nice but would not exchange for my system. Low efficiency speakers, even very high end ones, restrict the effortless dynamics compared to horns.
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just bought a d 200 - a few more questions - by Duomike - 25-Feb-2016, 10:53