Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is digital audio so complicated? Where did it all go wrong?
(25-Feb-2016, 19:07)Our Wrote:
(25-Feb-2016, 18:31)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I would love to take part i something like that, to see if a raspberry Pi DAC/Amp versus a Naim Statement or whatever could be picked out blind, I find it fascinating.  Anyway, drifted off my own thread!
Another interesting bias is the reliability of our memories in these fields : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgRlrBl-7Yg

Yes, I just don't think you get these situations in digital imaging - not to the same extent anyway - and I think the primary reason is you can compare things side by side at the same time, whereas audio doesn't allow that. And also its considered that the measurement tools are adequately accurate. That doesn't get us round which people 'prefer' but it does make it obvious which one is closer to achieving the desired goal.

Thanks for the video btw, I'm only 5 mins in and am going to have to do the rest tonight but am hooked!

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is digital audio so complicated? Where did it all go wrong? - by Hifi_swlon - 25-Feb-2016, 19:17