Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master and companion digital connections
Moved recently from D200 to D400 and I am looking for a good successor of the Crystal liaison cable. I have been able to test 2 distinct RCA/RCA Turned Aray CHORD cables, the Anthem (fully burned in) and the Signature (fresh from the pack).
Cables respective specs give a (theoretical) significant advantage to Signature over Anthem but... my experience let me a bit puzzled. After a dozen of hours long (short?) run, the Signature started to unveil undetectable details and a quasi miraculous tone but to the detriment of the overall sound consistency... while the Anthem came with less realistic details but more cohesion and balance, not to mention a better support of low frequencies and smooth and taut bass impacts.
In 2 words, I suspect that the Signagture is a terrific model but I keep wondering whether the weaknesses I observed are inherent per design or were just caused by an unfinished running-in period. Unless... D400+Anthem is just (for any reason) a better combination than the D400+Signature one, despite the Signature's intrinsic and patent qualities.

Should some of you have a Chord digital cables experience or any opinion/advice to share, welcome!
Turntable VPI Traveler (Dynav. 10x5) - Drive Moon Néo 260D - Devialet D400 - LS Apertura Edena - Phono cable Nordost Blue Heaven - Modulation cable AES/EBU Kharma Matrix Reference - Loudspeaker cables Kharma Matrix Reference

Messages In This Thread
RE: Master and companion digital connections - by Christophe - 05-May-2016, 02:37