Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synergistic Devialet Power Cords
Were I shopping for power cables and could afford to buy them new I would audition cables from Shunyata Research, Audioquest, and maybe others such as Synergistic Research. I think that there are many good power cables out there. I have most respect for Shunyata Research because they're transparent and informative. Audioquest makes great stuff, but has at times coated it in snake oil. However Audioquest has the scale to make things others can't, and brilliant designers too. Other companies may make great products but it can be harder to wade through their marketing BS or lack of real information. I tried a horrible Mad Scientist digital cable based on reading about the technology and reviews so am leery of little shops making weird stuff now. If a company can successfully sell good products for years I have more confidence in them. I'm very excited about graphene so was glad to see Cerious Technologies using it, but the proof is in the end result. So far the best cable I've heard is the Shunyata Alpha HC for my power conditioner, and Delta NR for my Devialet amps. I also like the Shunyata Z-PC10 with my Devialet. Those options were superior to the Cerious, Shunyata Venom HC, and Audioquest NRG-X3. I haven't heard other power cables in my system. I'd love to order five top options from The Cable Company lending library and keep the one I like best, but I can't afford that excellent method. I got the Cerious cable with a used power conditioner I bought, so didn't choose the color. I bought my Alpha HC (high current) used before Shunyata released the NR/EF series. Shunyata has great recommendations about which cable to choose for an application on their website, and even more on https://www.whatsbestforum.com/forums/sh...forum.335/ where the Shunyata guys show how honest, knowledgeable, and responsive they are. There's all the reading you could want there. Still, the best test is giving a cable some time in your system.

Messages In This Thread
Synergistic Devialet Power Cords - by ralph411 - 06-Mar-2016, 02:23
RE: Synergistic Devialet Power Cords - by gray - 09-Mar-2016, 13:29
RE: Synergistic Devialet Power Cords - by Axel - 05-Jun-2016, 14:16
RE: Synergistic Devialet Power Cords - by yanc - 17-Nov-2016, 21:23
RE: Synergistic Devialet Power Cords - by deviousalet - 20-Mar-2019, 23:20