Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audirvana Plus settings with AIR
(20-Apr-2015, 16:51)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Have recently acquired a D200.
I tried all combinations of settings for Audirvana+2 and Air, and at some point during the days pops and crackles would kick in. Sometime subtle, sometimes not so much.
Using iTunes and Air the same thing (but not sounding as good as A+ IMO).

OK, so having experimented further, things don't seem to be as bad as I thought.

Using Audirvana - with any settings combinations and USB or with Air - seems to cause some crackling/popping issue at some point or another, as well as some distortion to sound. IMO having compared to how it works on my previous system, I think something just isn't working right between the two of them.  Furthermore, what I once thought was extra detail in my previous setup, I now feel might just be added oomph on the treble  - which I think is what gives the impression of extra detail. Or somethings just plain wrong in this setup.  

Closing it and doing a reboot and going back to plain iTunes and Air (Ethernet), seemed to be very stable. The sound in this case seemed a LOT better, much more so than any of my testing so far.  My thinking is that whatever Audirvana's doing is a bit too low-level and doesn't shut down cleanly, which I have experienced once or twice before but not to this extent.  So my initial trial of plain iTunes and Air was probably an unfair test.  I was really pleased with the sound, and the bass was so strong that I may need to switch back over the the tweeter inputs on the speakers, and/or flip the treble switch up on the Facts (and/or the bass switch down), which I would never have thought possible previously.  Will keep experimenting.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Audirvana Plus settings with AIR - by GTX - 17-Sep-2014, 17:08
RE: Audirvana Plus settings with AIR - by GTX - 04-Oct-2014, 14:18
RE: Audirvana Plus settings with AIR - by Hifi_swlon - 22-Apr-2015, 17:23