Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Startup volume & standby time
(03-Apr-2016, 00:10)GRC Wrote:
(02-Apr-2016, 20:31)deviousalet Wrote: Welcome, GRC. The closest we can get to your third question is currently to configure our Devialet to use the last active input. I've asked Devialet for auto-input selection (switch to the input with an active signal). They liked that idea and said they'd investigate it. I like your suggested option to wake and auto-select when an input becomes active, so I suggest that you ask Devialet Support for that (but don't hold your breath for any changes).

Am I right in thinking that even in standby/idle mode the D200 is still sufficiently alive to recognise an input signal?  After all, it can respond to a "soft" power-on signal from the remote . . .  

Apologies if this sounds dumb but I'm really not completely up to speed with all this stuff - I grew up on crystal sets, 1-valve SW radios, ex-WW2 communications receivers and graduated to designing / building 12AX7 + EL84 et al amplifiers (but dual-mono I'll have you know . . .  Big Grin)

You are right. The Devialet does stay alive in some way. You can actually turn it on with your mobile phone or tablet if you connect them both to a network and run the Devialet app so in a way there is your option to turn it on by turning on an input. No other input has that option though.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
Startup volume & standby time - by GRC - 02-Apr-2016, 15:53
RE: Startup volume & standby time - by GRC - 02-Apr-2016, 19:45
RE: Startup volume & standby time - by GRC - 03-Apr-2016, 00:10
RE: Startup volume & standby time - by Pim - 03-Apr-2016, 12:41
RE: Startup volume & standby time - by GRC - 03-Apr-2016, 16:37