Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highest Possible Sound Quality from iTunes
At the risk of opening a can of worms, why don't we have a Devialetchat Streamer/Server/Computer day at Oxford Audio?

Both Jon and I used to swear by AIR (We used to demo the Devialet amps with nothing more than a stock Mac mini and an Ipad at one point!) but have gradually drifted towards the Aurender and Melco options for out of the shop listening. Not too long ago I had a very interesting day out with Guillaume, Rufus and Nick comparing the basic Aurender, Melco and a Macbook through a USB reclocking device. The most interesting part of the day for me was how inconclusive it was!

I think it would be a good opportunity for anyone "on the fence" to have a listen and a play with most of the available options to see what works for them. I will try and have as comprehensive as possible a list of kit which will include:

CAD Cat
Melco Range
Aurender Range
Stock PC/Mac

I will liaise with both Guillaume and Confused to get a date in the Calendar. If anyone is interested in popping along, would they mind emailing me (shop@oxfordaudio.co.uk) so that I can get an idea of numbers.

It should be an interesting day for anyone who would like to come along. The main system will of course emulate Confused's so will also be an opportunity for anyone curious to listen to the tremendous Kef Blades. If you haven't met Jon or I before, this isn't a high pressure sales event and we would love to meet some new Devialet owners. We're both Devialet owners ourselves and we're always keen to see if there are any ways that we aren't aware of to make the most out of our own systems!

Hope to see you all soon

Alasdair

Messages In This Thread
RE: Highest Possible Sound Quality from iTunes - by oxfordaudio - 06-Apr-2016, 10:46