Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roonready device with AES output?
(19-Apr-2016, 16:52)GuillaumeB Wrote: Thanks, will take a look. So I'd probably have to set up another PC or Mac in the chain then... probably not going to happen. I am just too used to having everything sitting on a QNAP with minimal fuss and RAID redundancy. In fact my whole system is optimised around this. 

The other showstopper for me is the lack of Qobuz integration since I just can't get on with Tidal. I know it's not ROON's fault but still an important consideration...

Guillaume

The music could stay on your NAS, but the Core with all the database stuff would need a Mac/PC ideally - at least for now.

The chain in your case would be NAS > Core Machine > totalDAC.

If you ever get time/inclination would be interesting to see if there are any benefits using RAAT on your totaDAC vs your current config…

I see them softening their position on the NAS Core thing. Plenty of people feel for smaller libraries (maybe 1,000 or so albums) a NAS or even a Pi3 would be OK for the database. I guess time will tell - if a lot of people want something they often get it with Roon if its within their reach.

Qobuz is truly annoying. It actually has a lot of the music I listen to, but I just don't like it as a 'brand' and music focus, and I don't like their iOS apps pr desktop apps. Which is fine with Roon itself at home because mostly its hidden, but unless I want to pay for multiple services it means Im forced into the Tidal App at work etc. Maybe one day it will come, but I've got a feeling its a slim chance.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
Roonready device with AES output? - by Dr Tone - 14-Apr-2016, 19:03
Roonready device with AES output? - by hk6230 - 15-Apr-2016, 02:18
Roonready device with AES output? - by hk6230 - 15-Apr-2016, 15:44
RE: Roonready device with AES output? - by ogs - 15-Apr-2016, 21:25
RE: Roonready device with AES output? - by Hifi_swlon - 19-Apr-2016, 17:02