Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roonready device with AES output?
(15-Apr-2016, 12:34)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(15-Apr-2016, 08:53)Jnan_devi Wrote: RoonServer> Macbook > USB>Devialet : Its not stable initially for about 15mins of play. drops couple of times. once past it gets quite stable. I have stupid USB cable. I can update once my AQ Jitterbug+ AQ USB's arrive. I can also blame it to some background software working etc and after 15mins, I'm guessing the S/w pings stops and hence there is stability ?

RoonServer > macMini > USB > Devialet has been pretty much rock solid for me.

I'd suggest a check over of your cable/ports Jnan_devi, 15 mins of instability sounds really wrong….

Today I received AQ USB (Cinnamon) cable and AQ Jitter-Bug.
I did Cold start on Dev, replaced old cable with AQ cable + Jitter-Bug >> No Drops ran perfectly.
Just to try I put back old cable >> got immediate drops within first track itself (couple of drops)
Then I inserted Jitter-Bug in between Old USB cable and MacBook >> No drops
Looks like Jitter-Bug is helping the USB cable (Old or AQ). I will try AQ Cable only tomorrow with a cold start.

Earlier I had suspected Cable, MacBook-Air, S/W, Roon, Wifi ... Now i m happy to converge that its the old Cable which was causing the drops. Easy to fix!

Thanks for inputs.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"

Messages In This Thread
Roonready device with AES output? - by Dr Tone - 14-Apr-2016, 19:03
Roonready device with AES output? - by hk6230 - 15-Apr-2016, 02:18
RE: Roonready device with AES output? - by Jnan_devi - 03-May-2016, 16:53
Roonready device with AES output? - by hk6230 - 15-Apr-2016, 15:44
RE: Roonready device with AES output? - by ogs - 15-Apr-2016, 21:25