Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Highest Possible Sound Quality from Roon
My own thread regarding highest possible sound quality from iTunes & Dr Tone's rather more specific thread regarding Roonready devices with AES digital output have both received posts on the more general topic of devices for running Roon through a Devialet.

So here is a specific thread to start to pull together ideas for Roon implementation, and also to pull together details of suitable Roon compatable hardware for use with a Devialet.

The quest is to find the ultimate solution, with the finest sound quality.

As things stand, the obvious solution is to use a computer, PC or Mac.  The normal approaches apply here, you could have a fairly standard machine with running AIR, or perhaps run through the options to a fully audio optimised machine with trick sound cards, power supplies, SSD's, then add a Mutec, and so on.  I guess you could add niche products like the Sonic Orbiter, Hifi Berry, etc. into this mix 

In terms of 'off the shelf' solutions, I think it is fairly slim pickings at the moment.  Also, Roon themselves are not providing much clarity with respect to their Roonready program.  Just a list of partners, but nobody seams to know what those partners are doing, or even if those partners will ever actually achieve a Roonready product.

Then there is the Microrendu widget, which does look promising, but until someone actually tries one against known opposition, then who knows. 

In terms of available products outside of the niche / hobbyist type solutions , there are computer based 'Caps' style machines, one example being the CAD CAT, basically a tricked up PC, but with someone else doing the hard work.  (and requiring a potential purchaser to part with lots of hard cash)

There is also the Antipodes music server range, but not much else of this type.

So what else is out there, and to finish where this started, what is the ultimate sound quality solution for running Roon with a Devialet?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
Highest Possible Sound Quality from Roon - by Confused - 16-Apr-2016, 07:24