Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D200 not very good sounding at low volume
I have my 200 for around 6 weeks and have put at least 300 hours on it. The longer I have it the more I realize that the amp needs a certain volume to come alive. At -30 it sounds boring and it starts to come alive at -20 or less. My friend who also owns a 200 oberserved the same thing.

I have restricted the max output to watts with is plenty with my horns. I wish they had a 5 or 10 watt setting for people with high efficiency horns.

Have other experienced the same? Remember that the review on computeraudiophile also obeserved this. A digital volume control is never 100% transparent, unfortunately.
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner

Messages In This Thread
D200 not very good sounding at low volume - by Duomike - 23-Apr-2016, 03:49