Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High impedance Headphone connect directly to speaker outputs.
(13-May-2016, 03:17)Gomiki Wrote: Devialet mail me:

Roger (Devialet)
May 12, 11:31

Dear Sir,

It seems that you did not receive my previous messages.

There is of course no restriction to connect your Audeze LCD-4. However, Even by limiting the amplifier's power, you need to be careful not to put too much power by setting the volume level too high.

In conclusion, our system can do it even if we would recommend to use the pre-amplified output.
Best Regards,
Gomiki,
just do as I suggested. put a 10 ohm power resistor accross the binding post. the dev does not sound good into high impedances. even into the 16 ohm loads of my duos it sound is compromised. few days ago one of my audio buddies came over. first we listened with the resistors accross the speaker terminals. then i removed them. he looked at me surprised and said sounds a lot more natural with the resistors inserted.

the dev is said to be able to handle loads from 2 to 16 ohms which it can but probably sounds best with impedances somewhere in the middle of that range!
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner

Messages In This Thread
RE: High impedance Headphone connect directly to speaker outputs. - by Duomike - 13-May-2016, 10:08