Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would happen if....
As a follow-up to my last question related to DIYing a 250 from a 200 which I never got around to trying I'm now preparing to throw some effort at it. In that post I got several responses from "interesting, worth a shot" to "I dunno" to "you'll likely break something!." Its been many months since I finished my Le200 modifications and the thing I'm struggling with most right now is simply remembering how to do a simple FW upgrade. But once I figure that out again my next step will be an attempt to simply re-name my 200 as a 250, see what happens. Since "supposedly" the electronics are identical or damn nearso what would happen if I simply fill out my configurator as a 250 instead of a 200 in the configurator and raise the power to 250 WPC if it doesn't auto reset. Seems counterintuitive to me that Devialet would allow or let alone "force" a catastrophic electronic failure in such an event whether executed intentionally or accidentally. I can see it not working or not working well but struggle believing some catastrophic failure or anything fatal easily accomplished by the intentional or accidental mis-stroke of nothing more than an errant click in the setup. Sure it might not work but catastrophic/fatal seems a bit much to me without benefit of a safety, reset or failsafe of some kind. I would've thought Devialet might've investigated all the configuration possibilities and programmed a work-around that didn't automatically dictate spontaneous combustion or similar.

As most here know I have no fears of overheating due to a relatively minor 50WPC increase as I'm competent my convection cooled case could likely survive even a 400 WPC thermal increase even if the non D case won't accommodate the internal electronic component dimensions of the larger D units. But since the 200/250 are so close/identical I'm just saying the D250 internal temperatures are likely easily within my perceived Le 200 enclosure existing temp thresholds. I'm positive my case enclosure will run cooler via its internal thermometers as-is than an OEM D250 does since my 200 runs almost 20 C cooler than the average D250 does. Especially when you consider that even a D400 temp-wise runs near the same temp as the D250 in much the same enclosure given that Devialet wouldn't likely opt to run even 45-60 C if they could run 40, 35 or 30 C.

But all this aside, let's start at the beginning. What do ya think happens if I start by simply renaming my 200 a 250? If you know that answer then I'd love to know what you think happens if you raise its WPC to 250 from 200? If I can get that far I think I'll figure the rest out.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!

Messages In This Thread
What would happen if.... - by Manoet - 19-May-2016, 02:01
RE: What would happen if.... - by wikeeboy - 19-May-2016, 02:28
RE: What would happen if.... - by Antoine - 19-May-2016, 11:53
RE: What would happen if.... - by Manoet - 19-May-2016, 16:31
RE: What would happen if.... - by Hifi_swlon - 19-May-2016, 17:52
RE: What would happen if.... - by Antoine - 19-May-2016, 19:02
RE: What would happen if.... - by thumb5 - 19-May-2016, 19:10
RE: What would happen if.... - by Manoet - 19-May-2016, 19:24
RE: What would happen if.... - by baddog - 20-May-2016, 03:00