Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would happen if....
While I'm inclined to agree its likely more complicated than I'm projecting I've still got this gut-level hunch its simpler/easier than some here may think/believe. Its not like Devialet has pumped a lot of cool breezes up my skirt in their approach to many things over the years. Couple that with their own engineers volunteering that the 2 units are identical not withstanding the enclosure which allows me to see at least the possibility of a simple configuration change to do a 200-250 or 250-200 swap via the configurator. More importantly to me is the doubtful nature of Devialet allowing or permitting a major component failure if an incorrect configuration setting were chosen intentionally, accidentally, in error or simple forgetfulness. I'm inclined to take them at their word regarding both setups being identical and upgrading/downgrading being a simpler matter of configuration. Admittedly there "may" be more to the configuration than I've mentioned but I'm inclined to believe its minimal rather than extensive as they've obviously designed the 200/250 to mimic each other with some semblance of ease & simplicity. And I struggle believing Devialet would intentionally load multiple 150, 200, 250, 400, 500 and/or 800 FW on every machine they produce if there was much chance that a different or incorrect configuration risked damaging a greater/lesser platform via an intentional, errant, incorrect or forgotten configuration setting. As I mentioned above I can see it not working or not working well but hard for me to imagine Devialet not considering that outcome and adapting a counter measure. Seems to me they'd make only specific configurations for specific machines if that were the case and damage was a foregone, likely, possible or even plausible conclusion. Especially when mistakes can be so easy due to intent, mistake or forgetfulness.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!

Messages In This Thread
What would happen if.... - by Manoet - 19-May-2016, 02:01
RE: What would happen if.... - by wikeeboy - 19-May-2016, 02:28
RE: What would happen if.... - by Antoine - 19-May-2016, 11:53
RE: What would happen if.... - by Manoet - 19-May-2016, 16:31
RE: What would happen if.... - by Hifi_swlon - 19-May-2016, 17:52
RE: What would happen if.... - by Antoine - 19-May-2016, 19:02
RE: What would happen if.... - by thumb5 - 19-May-2016, 19:10
RE: What would happen if.... - by Manoet - 19-May-2016, 19:24
RE: What would happen if.... - by baddog - 20-May-2016, 03:00