Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have your sound changed over time ?
Hi,
I started in February-16 with a pair of 45 day trial Silver Phantoms, and they had a over the top Sub-bass Sound ( have written about this in other threads that the system did sound lika a 2+1 with the Sub-woofer unit turned up too much)
however I returned them to Devialet and bought a pair of second hand Silver Phantoms that now have about 9 months on the clock
I immediate found that the Bass sound was much more modest ( from the second hand units), but I don't know if it was the different production dates or that exactly when I installed them the big SW up-date with Radio and stuff came.

Now on the other hand it is almost like the bass is to weak if I don't go through my Sonos and use the EQ.
I only use Tidal + Spotify as my sources.

I understand that most of you only have got one pair ..but have the sound changed dramatically for you over time or by FW up-dates ?
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.

Messages In This Thread
Have your sound changed over time ? - by McChicken - 19-May-2016, 10:21